Manitoba’s housing costs are amongst the lowest in the country. The local housing market is considered to be stable, predictable and not prone to the ups and downs that can be found in other parts of the country. Brandon offers a variety of housing options in all price ranges and types. Strong residential construction ensures a constant infusion of new housing stock into the market.
In 2016, there were 581 residential units sold through the Brandon Area REALTORS® with an average price of $274,351. These figures are inclusive of duplexes, single attacted and detached homes, however does not include condos or mobile homes.
Understanding the Housing Market
- Housing Costs
- Building Permits Statistics
- New Dwelling Units Constructed
- Apartment Vacancy Rate
- Dwelling Data
- Housing Reports
- CMHC Annual Rental Report - Fall 2016
- CMHC Rental Report - Fall 2015
Resources to Assist in Finding Housing
- Rental Property - online resources for finding a rental property in Brandon
- Brandon Area REALTORS® - listing of current homes for sale and local real estate agents
- Mobile Home Parks - location and contact information for Brandon mobile home parks
- Personal Care Homes - a list of personal care homes available in Brandon
- Seniors Accommodations - locations and contact information for seniors independent living accommodations in Brandon
- Brandon Home Builders - a list of local businesses that engage in building homes
- Brandon Univeristy Residence - student housing for Brandon University and Assiniboine Community College students
- Samaritan House Safe & Warm Emergency Shelter - Cold weather emergency shelter for homeless individuals
- Relocation Guide
- Property Taxes - information on current tax assessment
- Moving & Storage Companies - local moving and storage companies and contact information
Housing Programs - A list of various grants and programs available for building or renovating.