Prairie Oasis Senior Centre
241 – 8th Street
Brandon, MB R7A 3X2
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Prairie Oasis Senior Centre is a charitable organization and a community focal point on aging. A place where persons fifty plus come together for services and activities, which enhance their dignity, support their independence and encourage their involvement in and with the community. The centre offers a variety of programs and services including:
- Educational programs - including demonstrations and displays, seminars, courses, choir, painting classes and crafts.
- Outreach - including advocacy, suppers, programming malls and community events
- Recreational activities - including bingo, scrabble, cribbage, bridge, floor shuffleboard, dances, exercises, bus trips, bean bag toss and special events.
- Meals on wheels - in house tray service and congregate noon meal.
- Well Health Clinics - including exercise and meal programs, blood pressure, nutrition, flu shot and hearing testing.
- Hall rentals, banquets and catering
Brandon Seniors for Seniors Co-op Inc
311 Park Avenue East
Brandon, MB R7A 7A4
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Advocacy, Independence, and Fulfillment for Brandon Seniors since 1982
Brandon Seniors for Seniors Co-op Inc. is a charitable non-profit organization of 55+ residents in the City of Brandon volunteering to assist seniors to remain independent and active members of their community as long as possible.
Seniors for Seniors offer a variety of programs and services including:
- Well Health Clinics and Services (foot care, home services for fragile elderly, weekly lunches, Lifeline personal assist, lockboxes and keyboxes)
- Education (information sessions, demonstrations / displays, seminars, courses, computers, senior housing)
- Outreach (advocacy, anti-isolation, Suppers, tea room)
- Recreation (bus tours, crafts, music, bridge, crib, Wii interactive gaming, pool, shuffleboard, golf, writing, drop-ins, special events)
- Annual Events (February Frolics, Grandmother’s Tea, community coffee clubs, Traveler’s Day Parade, Christmas at City Hall)
- Help at Home (small household jobs/repairs, lawn mowing, snow removal, shopping, transportation, light house cleaning, laundry, making meals, yard maintenance)