Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program
The City of Brandon is pleased to offer the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance
Program thanks to funding support from Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation.
The program will assist renters who are eligible to transition to homeownership by providing funding equal to a 5% down payment and a portion of the associated closing costs by way of a forgivable loan.The maximum forgivable loan for an approved applicant is $14,000. Loan forgiveness is earned over a ten-year period.
All potential applicants must attend an in-person consultation with the Program Coordinator after they receive the mortgage pre-approval, prior to applying for the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program.
To schedule a consultation or for additional information call 204.729.2132 or email email@example.com. If you require interpretation services for the in person consultation, please inform the Program Coordinator at the time of scheduling the consultation.
Applicants that have not attended a consultation will not be considered for the program.
Deadline for applications is October 13th, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Basic Criteria for the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program:
- Total household income does not exceed $75,592
- Have at least one dependant that is not their spouse/partner
- Receive a Mortgage Pre-Approval through a National Housing Act approved lender
- Assets must total less than $10,000 including cash, RRSPs or investments
When you schedule an appointment with your financial institution to discuss a mortgage preapproval, please ask what documents you will be required to bring with you to the appointment. Below are some commonly requested items.
- Confirmation of your income and/or employment earnings (several most current pay stubs, one or two years of Income Tax “Notice of Assessment” papers from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), letter of employment, T1 General, list of other income)
- Name and address of employers for last 3 years
- Your banking information (if at a different bank)
- Proof that you have a down payment or a plan to get the down payment (please mention that you plan to apply for the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program)
- A list of assets and liabilities
- Estimates for your monthly housing expenses, including utilities, car payments, loans, etc.
Affordable Housing Strategy
Multi Family Affordable Housing Program
At this time the City of Brandon is not accepting any requests for capital grants
for the construction of affordable housing, as the Affordable Housing Reserve has been depleted.
Brandon Neighborhood Renewal Corporation (BNRC)
Manitoba Hydro's New Homes Program offers financial incentives, labelling, and professional technical assistance to builders and to residents of Brandon (and throughout Manitoba).