Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program
Currently Accepting Applications
The City of Brandon is pleased to offer the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance
Program thanks to funding support from Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation.
This program will assist those who are eligible to become homeowners by providing funding equal to a 5% down payment and a portion of the associated closing costs by way of a forgivable loan.The maximum forgivable loan for an approved applicant is $14,000. Loan forgiveness is earned over a ten-year period.
All potential applicants must attend an in-person consultation meeting with the Program Coordinator after they receive the mortgage pre-approval, prior to applying for the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program.
To schedule a consultation meeting or for additional information call 204-729-2132 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require interpretation services for the in-person consultation, please inform the Program Coordinator at the time of scheduling the consultation.
Applicants that have not attended a consultation meeting will not be considered for the program.
Basic Criteria for the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program:
- Total household income (from all sources) does not exceed $84,600
- Have at least one dependent that is not their spouse/partner
Be a resident of Brandon for at least two years at the time of application
- Receive a Mortgage Pre-Approval through a National Housing Act approved lender
- Assets must total less than $10,000 including cash, RRSPs or investments including out of country assets
- Must not currently be involved with any other homebuyer program
When you schedule an appointment with your financial institution to discuss a mortgage preapproval, please ask what documents you will be required to bring with you to the appointment. Below are some commonly requested items.
- Confirmation of your income and/or employment earnings such as several most current pay stubs, one or two years of Income Tax “Notice of Assessment” papers from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), letter of employment, T1 General, list of other income
- Name and address of employers for last 3 years
- Your banking information (if at a different bank)
- Proof that you have a down payment or a plan to get the down payment (please mention that you plan to apply for the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program)
- A list of assets and liabilities
- Estimates for your monthly housing expenses, including utilities, car payments, loans, etc.
Habitat for Humanity Brandon Chapter
- Brandon Chapter - Habitat Habitat Manitoba is a nonprofit housing organization that believes everyone deserves a safe and decent place to live. We mobilize communities to help working, lower income families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
Brandon Neighborhood Renewal Corporation (BNRC)
- BEEP (Brandon Energy Efficiency Program) BEEP builds energy efficient and quality homes from the ground up so CHHA can sell them at reduced costs to first time, low income homeowners.
Manitoba Hydro's New Homes Program offers financial incentives, labelling, and professional technical assistance to builders and to residents of Brandon (and throughout Manitoba).
Affordable Housing Strategy
Multi Family Affordable Housing Program
At this time the City of Brandon is only considering affordable housing incentive grant requests for projects that leverage capital grants from higher levels of government and projects that create new residential units in Brandon. If you have an affordable housing project that you would like to discuss, please contact Shannon Saltarelli at email@example.com or via phone at 204.720.1042.