Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program
The City of Brandon is pleased to offer the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance
Program thanks to funding support from Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation.
The program will assist renters who are eligible to transition to homeownership,
by providing funding equal to a 5% down payment and a portion of the associated closing costs by way of a forgivable loan. The maximum forgivable loan is $14,000
with forgiveness earned over a ten-year period.
Deadline for applications is February 4th, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
For additional info call 204.729.2412 or email email@example.com
Homebuyer Education Session – Approved Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program applicants are required to participate in a mandatory homeowner education session prior to the closing date for the home they are purchasing. Please contact the Housing Coordinator for additional details.
Based on interest in supporting the Homebuyer Assistance Program from lending institutions, the City of Brandon met with local Credit Unions (CU) to discuss the mortgage preapproval process.
All Credit unions require information from applicants to complete the mortgage preapproval process. When you schedule an appointment to discuss a mortgage preapproval, please ask what documents you will be required to bring with you to the appointment. Below are some commonly requested items.
- Confirmation of your income and/or employment earnings (several most current pay stubs, one or two years tax assessment notices, letter of employment, T1 General, list of other income)
- Name and address of employers for last 3 years
- Your banking information (if at a different bank)
- Proof that you have a down payment or a plan to get the downpayment
- An assets and liabilities list
- Estimates for your monthly housing expenses, including utilities, property taxes and other fees, utility statements are good
- Your lawyer’s or notary’s contact information (if known)
Below is a summary of commonly asked questions pertaining to the mortgage process.
required at the
time of mortgage
|Cost for CU membership
Length of time
include property taxes?
Compass Credit Union
|No||No||Yes||$25||120 days||Yes||CMHC & Genworth|
Sunrise Credit Union
|No||No||Yes||$5||120 days||No||CMHC & Genworth|
Fusion Credit Union
Ph: 204-571-3850 xt 8832
Westoba Credit Union
* normal fees are being waived for the Brandon Homebuyer Assistance Program applicants
Affordable Housing Strategy
Multi Family Affordable Housing Program
Residential Tax Abatement Financial Assistance
Home Renovation Tax Assistance Program
Front & Paint Program
HRAP - Homeowner Renovation Assistance Pogram
RAD - Residential Adaptations for Disability
NHA - Neighbourhood Housing Assistance
Granny Secondary Suites
STEPP - Solutions to End Poverty Permanently
BEEP - Brandon Energy Efficiency Program