In order to receive free provincial health care, you must have a Manitoba Health number. All applicants can contact the Manitoba Health office in Winnipeg at 204-786-7101 or toll free at 1- 800-392-1207 for help in completing the Manitoba Health application. Applications can be mailed out.
Forms may be picked up at:
City of Brandon
Main floor, Information/Finance Department
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Note: The City of Brandon Finance office staff members do not assist with completing Manitoba Health forms.
When applying for a Manitoba health card:
- The Manitoba Health card takes approximately four–six weeks to arrive.
- There is no cost to apply for a Manitoba health card and no monthly fees.
- The Manitoba Health card is required when visiting a doctor, obtaining services from the hospital, or filling a prescription.
Immunization is recommended for individuals of all ages, in order to prevent serious illness and disease. Immunizations also help protect those who cannot be immunized, due to certain health conditions. Immunizations are voluntary in Manitoba. For questions and information related to immunization please contact Public Health Services at 204-578-2500 or notify your family doctor or nurse practitioner.
Pharmacare is a drug benefit program for any Manitoban, regardless of age, whose income is seriously affected by high prescription drug costs. Coverage is based on both your total family income and the amount you pay for eligible prescription drugs. Each year, you are required to pay a portion of the cost of your eligible prescription drugs. This amount will be your annual Pharmacare deductible. Your deductible is set based on your annual family income.
You qualify if:
- You are eligible for Manitoba Health Coverage.
- Your prescriptions are not paid through another provincial or federal program.
- Your prescription drug costs are not fully covered by a private drug insurance program.
- Your eligible prescription drug costs exceed your Pharmacare deductible.
Application forms are available at any retail pharmacy.
For more Pharmacare information, please contact:
Phone: 204-786-7141 - Toll Free – 1-800-297-8099