Brandon is a city of volunteers and leaders with vision. As such, it has become internationally known as a host community that not only supports and organizes major events, but also does it very well. To do this the City has developed outstanding public and private facilities to accommodate thousands of visitors. Citizens take great pride in hosting major events. For more information on event hosting in Brandon, please visit Brandon First.
Brandon has superb facilities that allow the hosting of events of all sizes.
- The Keystone Centre is one of Canada's largest consolidated convention, entertainment, agriculture and recreation complexes, with approximately 540,000 square feet (almost 10 acres) under one roof. It assembles several arenas, a curling club, convention space, the 100,000 square foot Agricultural Centre of Excellence, 90 acres of parking and grounds and an adjoining 160 room hotel.
- The Westman Centennial Auditorium includes a modern, efficient concert hall-convention centre-theatre, banquet room and dance halls. The auditorium hosts ballet, music recitals and national competitions, symphony concerts and theatrical performances.
- Brandon's Community Sportsplex is located on the north hill at 30 Knowlton Drive with a great view overlooking the rest of the city. The Sportsplex is utilized by various community groups for multi-use programs and provides programs and services for all age groups for residents of the City of Brandon and Westman area. The complex contains a 50 meter competition swimming pool with a waterslide, 1m & 3m diving boards; regulation size ice arena, 3 racquetball courts, meeting rooms and track and field facility.
- Dood Cristal Family YMCA is the future home of Brandon’s YMCA facility, featuring a totally new 17 million dollar building, that will be more energy efficient, right sized with the ability to expand. The climate-controlled fitness centre will be double the size of the current facility and provide a fitness studio. The new YMCA will be more family oriented with special change rooms, a play structure, teen area, larger babysitting area and lots of family programming. There will be a new downtown daycare with its own drop-off and separate entrance.
- Kristopher Campbell Skate Park opened during the spring of 2011 in the downtown core on the site where the former Prince Edward Hotel lay. The skate plaza acts as not only serves as a place for skateboarders and BMX bikers to recreate, it offers seating areas, trees and landscaping, that welcome spectators.
- Brandon University Healthy Living Centre. Brandon University new Healthy Living Centre opened in January 2013. The facility hosts a state of the art fitness centre including wheelchair accessible equipment, three full scale gyms with spectator seating, the only indoor walking/jogging track in south western Manitoba, and meeting rooms and workshop spaces for a variety of local and provincial functions. Community memberships are available for fitness, track only and or fitness classes and the facility is open for rental use, for more information go to gobobcats.ca/hlc
- Baseball - Brandon boasts a 2 world class facilities for baseball and softball. Both the Simplot Millenium Park and Andrews Field are meticulously maintained and ready to play host to your baseball event. Andrews Field boasts an audio visual booth, food and beverage facilities and can accommodate over 1,000 fans. The Simplot Millenium Park is an 8 diamond complex located on the eastern edge of Brandon.
- Hotel and motel rooms. The Brandon marketplace has about 1340 rooms. Brandon’s occupancy rate for 2015 was 61.6%, historical annual occupancy rates are available for comparison and year to date figures can be obtained by contacting Economic Development Brandon.